giant clams

lets see some pics of your giant clams!!!

does anyone know how fast they grow if the water is right and they sit under t5 lights?

tnwillia

Mine are under HQI & T5s. I waited 18 months before I got one, don't get one smaller than 3.5 inches. The small ones are VERY hard to maintain. Have fun!

WVUReefer

I bought a 2" blue striped black maxima from a frag swap in Sept. and it has already grown 3/4 of an inch..I maintain a high calc level and use T5HO's...my maximas sit on the sand bed..I have never found maintain a clam to be difficult..I don't understand where this idea comes from..I have found clams to require very little care other than proper chemistry and lighting..

TylerHaworth

Here's a pic of my new Crocea that just arrived today - keeping it under T5's, I maintain 440 Calcium, 10 Alkalinity, 1350 Magnesium via automated two-part

IMG_0729.jpg

@tyler haworth
i love the color and size

@ranger dude
nice size and i like the blue line around the edge and how much did you pay for it being that size

@steved
love the color and for some reason i just like the little ridges on the side.....i think that is still its outer shell just growing which causes it to do that. correct?