Giant clams feeding early humans

BEELZEBOB

they have a 1.5' gigas at my lfs.

it looks like it could take off a small kids arm.

but the insides, are just nutz. looks like some alien guts or somethin.

but i did find myself wondering what he would taste like.

Frankie

RS STAFF
Cool article Reefjitsu. IT does not surprise me that we were exploiting marine habitats that long ago. It makes sense actually. Easy prey.
I hope they can aquaculture these clams into the trade. I would love to get a girlfriend for my T.Gigas ;)
This comment " Tridacna maxima, which is prized in the aquarium trade." I am a bit bias to. For me my T.Gigas is my favorite. Here it is at just about 14"
000_2612_editedSmall.jpg

cbrownfish

I remember watching an episode of Survivor and a guy comes out of the water with a beautiful huge clam.

They ate it.

Intranick

I wonder if i could round up a million bucks and deliver them to you.. how many fights would break out between them, how much room would it take.. and what would you DO with all of them?.. if you're willing to eat a clam for a million of them.. you must REALLY like venison

saltysupply

RS Sponsor
from what I heard at macna, mating slams really isn't to hard, its just find the female which is the hard part...I am going to actively try it here pretty soon:)

mps9506

FWIW, cultured giant clam is delicious.... You can get it in the states also. The pretty ones get reserved for the aquarium trade. Taste much better imo than oysters or clams you typically eat in the states.