Getting Back into the Hobby and a Question on new tank setup

parrotfish3

Not sure if I should have posted here first, but wanted to say hello. Reef Sanctuary has been one of the few sites/forums I have spent a fair amount of time pouring over in preparation for the new tank set up. My prior post question (copied from original post):
Well I have decided it is time to try again. After many many years with freshwater tanks that were easy and satisfying I tried a saltwater set up and it went horribly wrong and with our first child just being born I gave up and promis myself to try again. Well she is now 10 years old and I am ready to go. After months of research and remembering a tank set up I had never seen before at a LFS several years ago that almost drew me back in, the LFS burnt to the ground shortly after my first RSM sighting. Now the question, I have found a used RSM 130 that can be had for $100. Is there anything I should check out, be sure it has, does not have. Hoping to take it nice and slow and have a tank as nice as the ones I see posted all over reef sanctuary

BLADEYAMAHA

agcwelcome29.gif

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums...ay-post-pics-photobucket-nanoreefing4fun.html

BLADEYAMAHA

You might actually hope that Glenn (nanoreefing4fun) pops in, he may have some suggestions. He would know more about the RSM model tanks than I.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Back to the game ! at $100 it's going to be hard to go wrong... if you are looking for value - the RSM 130D $800 new has a few improvements

You many need to replace some pumps one day & light bulbs... to get an idea on replacement cost check out StevieT site Red Sea Max 130 & 130D - Aquarium Filtration Upgrades & Supplies

Best of luck, there are many RSM 130 & 130D tanks in the RSM club & lots of success stories

parrotfish3

Thanks for the info. The owner sent a picture and tank, stand, and canopy seem to be intact and in surprisingly great shape. Tomorrow will be tank acquisition day and the next couple of months will be plan and build time. StevieT seems to have some pretty slick drop in mods and innovative solutions, I guess if it is better for the tank and makes it easier to maintain that is a home run.

parrotfish3

Leaving now for the 2 1/2 hour drive to pick up tank, will post some pics once obtained. Hoping Craigslist is on my side and not a wild goose chase!