Funlad3's 90 Gallon Private Island Reef! (A Penninsula Tank)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sk8rdn

Has been struck by the ban stick
I tried to take up a collection MONTHS ago... Lol...

Dropping $130 at a go is doable, if not stressful, but $1300 is a whole paycheck...

....H20 incapable....

Funlad3

Yeah, I can't afford one right now either. I'd need the three foot model. They're awesome though! Any time you manually increase the intensity of a channel or turn them to a percentage from 0%, they ramp up at 1% per second. Otherwise, they dim throughout the hour. I REALLY want this light. :D

engineer goby

Would it cast a shadow due to the center brace or would the brace block some of the LEDs?

......I need serious help

Funlad3

Not quite sure! All that I know is that a 3' model is what I'd need. I'd imagine that because of the T5's, there wouldn't be much shadowing. Plus, the lenses on the LEDs would help to cast more light under the center brace. I've seen a single 36" fixture light up a 120 gallon. Our 90s would be a piece of cake. :D

engineer goby

Well I trust your opinion and you have seen it first hand so I guess I should start saving

Funlad3

I sure will be, although I'll have 9 months life on the T5s. That means MPs take precedence.

So, I made around $35 selling soda and chocolate today during school. Not a bad source of income!

engineer goby

I'm ordering new bulbs soon so that buys me another 8 to 10 months. I'm also on the fence about adding a second mp40 or going with the much more affordable mp10

engineer goby

I'm ordering new bulbs soon so that buys me another 8 to 10 months and I'm leaning towards a mp10 instead of a second mp40

Funlad3

Eric's Exotics! Their prices on everything are competitive, and their customer service is great!

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.