Full-Tank Friday!

bazmackem

They never die :-( .

Stop all pumps. Have a nice scissor, one brand new, well washed, that you will only use for your tank. Cut the Kenya tree at the base. Exchange for XX at the LFS.

Always will be a leftover tissue over the rock, doesn't matter if it is big or a very tiny piece.... it will grow back :-( .

If you want to stop it, cover that left over tissue with reef putty. If you want to keep it, prune them from time to time, unless you want to finish with a Kenya tree dominated tank.

Enjoy the life of reefkeeping! !!!!

:cheers:
I pulled a couple of small ones off last week... But yesterday plucked up the courage to chop one down!!! It came off relatively easily... I've skewered it to some rock and can hopefully trade in. I bought a Duncan and toadstool yesterday! Going to cut one down per week and see if LFS wants them!

bazmackem

Ok - Latest additions are a toadstool leather and a small duncan (bottom middle). Ive managed to remove one tree and just need to slowly tackle the rest. What are peoples suggestions for replacements. I want bubble tip, frogspawn eventually but any other suggestions gratefully received!!

PS this is the best my tank has ever looked, rubbish compared to most on here, but after spending an hour + removing cyan and cleaning the glass I feel happy with it!

DSC_0819.jpg

mtsully71

Ok - Latest additions are a toadstool leather and a small duncan (bottom middle). Ive managed to remove one tree and just need to slowly tackle the rest. What are peoples suggestions for replacements. I want bubble tip, frogspawn eventually but any other suggestions gratefully received!!

PS this is the best my tank has ever looked, rubbish compared to most on here, but after spending an hour + removing cyan and cleaning the glass I feel happy with it!

View attachment 43326

It's not rubbish and it is exactly what you have created. Be proud of your accomplishment, work and dedication to your self fulfillment and the hobby. All of us start somewhere and very rarely does our first tank end up our last tank. Rarely does the first scape not change in subtle ways......You find out what you like and down the road ya go :cruiser:

bazmackem

It's not rubbish and it is exactly what you have created. Be proud of your accomplishment, work and dedication to your self fulfillment and the hobby. All of us start somewhere and very rarely does our first tank end up our last tank. Rarely does the first scape not change in subtle ways......You find out what you like and down the road ya go :cruiser:
Cheers mate! It is getting there but as you say it is a constant rework!! any ideas for corals to replace the felled trees?

dgilbert2

View attachment 43326
Your tank and those "trees" look really good. They are growing well, did they come with the live rock?

bazmackem

Yes, I bought the tank, rock and tree/red mushrooms all together... even took his water!! There was a peppermint shrimp which hasn't been seen for a month and loads of hitchhikers... including a 1.5" black crab... and something that is clicking!!!!! To be honest I think its worked well as there is a lot of pods and shrimp, micro stars etc which means its pretty well established already! Im still battling Cyano and nitrates are still at 20/40 but getting there with water changes!

Ive added the xenia and small frag, duncan and toadstool along with clowns, firefish, mandarin and cleaner/fire shrimp. Its ever evolving! next purchase is new coral and either royal gramma, potters angel, coral beauty or cardinal... research permitting!!

PS the trees are the easiest things Ive grown (including courgettes in the garden!) - it just keeps dropping bits off and they attach to the rock - Ive sold some back to the LFS and Im now working on taking some of the huge ones down as they dominate the tank!

If you are even passing cumbria give me a shout and you can have some mate!

Darlene123

RS Sponsor
Hello, do I have the honor to post our tank photos here?:angelic:The tank is in our office room, sorry if the photos are not clear enough, taken by my phone~~

IMG_20150801_093305_zpsxnxmwkbw.jpg
IMG_20150801_093318_zps2xkzeyqb.jpg

Keno

Here's a picture of my tank. Tank has been setup for 2 weeks now. It's a 45 gallon Marineland cube tank and stand I picked up on Craigslist for $75. I have 50+ lbs of rock in the DT (50/50 LR/Dry) with 80 lbs of sand. Fuge has 12 lbs of dry rock with 30 lbs of sand in the left chamber. Tank is fully cycled. Picking up a candy cane coral today that the LFS has been holding for me.
image.jpg