Steve Lane

Mine hasn't changed much...with Bryopsis in the "picture"
Maybe no change is a good thing :thumbup:
View attachment 43952
Close up of the shrimp shed in this FTF shot:
View attachment 43953
Looking really nice that!
It is amazing how they escape their whole outer layer :ponder2:
I had the Sally Lightfoot shed the other week, how the hell do they get out of that without leaving a hole I don`t know......must have a really efficient exit-strategy. :rolleyes:

Whats with the flowerpot Diana?

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF

bazmackem

that is amazing ( as are the others here!!) - how can you cram so much in together? I thought that you couldn't have corals next to each other, or is it because they are sps they don't sting each other. So clean and clear..yet still fish in the tank! amazing! what are the odd few fragments on the sand bed?

Oxylebius

how can you cram so much in together? I thought that you couldn't have corals next to each other, or is it because they are sps they don't sting each other. what are the odd few fragments on the sand bed?

Let's see... corals will either sting one another or grow into one another. All my monti digis will fuse to each other, so I either let them do it or continuous trim them back. For the most part I continuously trim them back all my corals on a monthly basis. If anything is getting close to anything else, it gets cut.
  • monti caps and monti digis aren't aggressive and won't sting anything.
  • Haven't had any issues with the birds nests.
  • Stylos and pocis sting, but their sweepers aren't that long, maybe an inch
  • Most of my encrusting corals don't sting (palawensis, tubinaria, sunsets)
  • The chalices, favites, favias, and acans are all far apart and if their sweepers reach anything it would be monties and birdsnests, which are strategically placed to protect acros.
  • I keep all acros a distance of several inches away from any sweepers.
Green slimer acro too close to poci !!!!! :eeknew:

On the sand bed is gsp in several clumps and two different acans. Near the sand bed, but attached to rocks is the favia, favite and two chalices. And a couple of monti caps growing from the rock over the surface of the sand.

Manimore

Hi dianakay. Trying to catch a crab. Looks like an emerald but black. Cubbed claws but I will never trust a crab and the local lfs needs one for the sump. My free rsm 130 pump upgrade just arrived. Love Red Sea max customer service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Hi Manimore - Welcome to RS - nice start !

index.php

Manimore

I'll take a picture once capture. Or if ever captured. I have tried to snap a pic but it's very shy. All I ever see is the claw coming out of a hole picking algae. We intend to keep very small fish bottom dwellers and a six line which sleeps in the rocks so one day the crab could surprise it and I don't like me pets eating each other. I literally stay up at night making sure the clowns don't get eaten because the little one hosts a crack in the rocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk