fuge vs 38h

aqujoe247

As of now I have a store bought fuge with 3 sections, the two outers being just wide enough to fit a return pump into them and the middle having miracle mud and LR.

I have a 38H that I can fit under my stand and have enough room for LR and an insump skimmer. I wouldn't plan on sectioning it off. Which would be more beneficial to have?

lcstorc

Do you already have a sump?
i would probably have the 38 as a sump and then have the fuge separate. at least that is my current plan. You could also set up the 39 as a qt tank.
If you have a fuge that is already divided etc, I would stick with that for the fuge, and use the 38 for something else.
JMO

aqujoe247

I dont have enough room for both, i'm trying to decide between the two. A full-out fuge, OR a 38g sump with LR and a section for insump skimmer. Both will not fit under the 90g stand.

Frankie

RS STAFF
If i had to choose from one id go with the refugium. How big of a display tank do you have btw?

lcstorc

Got a bit lost here. lol
If you set up the fuge will you still have a skimmer?
That would be most important to me. Then add a fuge if you can.

aqujoe247

Frankie, the tank is 90g, sump is a 37g tank and the fuge is 10(I think). Sorry Lynn, either way I would have the skimmer. If I keep the fuge I would keep the skimmer as a HOT, if I put the sump in I will put the skimmer underneath.

I was just try to see if you had to choose between having a sump or refugium which would be selected.