Front to back display dimensions of S650

Frankb1

What are the front to back dimensions of the S650 not counting the filtration section? I'm waiting on the LED version to be released I hope by the end of the year before making a decision to purchase either the RSM650 or putting together my own system. What are the opinions of the S650 owners out there...would you go the all in one route again or put your own together>
Thank you

Salty150

I just found this from the Red Sea YouTube channel -

Red Sea 2 weeks ago:

Dear Mari,

We are working on our new MAX E LED and MAX S LED retro fit, but it will take us a few more months to be ready and bring it to all the markets.

I can Promise you that it is well worth waiting for.

So, it looks like it is going to be a retro fit to the existing Max S...

Along with a new Max S system with the LEDs included:

Steve Halls 2 months ago

+Red Sea To clarify the above comment, the post refers to the planned launch of our all-new MAX-E and MAX-S LED complete reef aquarium systems, and not to a stand-alone LED lighting unit.

Last edited:

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
In the vid... he (Scott from Red Sea) does say "the early part of 2015" Red Sea will be releasing the new tanks with leds, but Steve in the above post is saying "a few more months", but if this was from a couple of months ago... it could be any time :)

Salty150

In the vid... he (Scott from Red Sea) does say "the early part of 2015" Red Sea will be releasing the new tanks with leds, but Steve in the above post is saying "a few more months", but if this was from a couple of months ago... it could be any time :)

Yup!

I am wondering if there were any other updates they did to the S 650...

I am guessing there are.

Maybe RedSeaKev can comment...

:)