Frogspawn not looking as lively and full! Help!

carmexx

Well here I am posting another potential setback in my reefkeeping. I have a 30 gallon reef tank. I have a 36" aquatinics tx5 for lighting on for about 9 hours. I have a 10 gallon sump with an amiricle skimmer using a mag 5 for the skimmer. My return is a mag 3 and i have two koralia 1's for flow in the tank.

Ok now for the inhabitants. I have 2 occelaris clowns, a lawnmower blenny, and an indigo dottyback. Cuc includes prob 5 cerith snails and 5 nassarius snails. Corals include 4 Acan frags (about 4-6 heads each), 2 GSP rocks, 4 Zoa colonies, and 3 Zoa frags, A Leather Toadstool and Frogspawn (6 heads).

My Parameters are:
PH 8.8
Ammonia 0.00
Nitrite 0.00
Nitrate 0.00
DKH 8
SG 1.024
Temp 76.6
CA 400
PO4 0
MG 1110
Iodine .08

Here is my concern. I have hair algae and recently an outbreak of red slime...It is covering alot of my rocks and some of the substrate. Well My Frogspawn has not been opening or expanding it's tenticles fully. It looks like it is receeded. I realize my PH is high. Could that be affecting it? How do i lower the ph? Do you see anything else wrong with my parameters? I don't want to loose this frogspawn. Last night I just dosed some MG since i am low. Here are some pics of the Frogspawn.

IMG_0917.jpg

IMG_0916.jpg

IMG_0915.jpg

tektite

That mg is really low, that can have some bad effects on euphies. I saw you dosed some but you should probably try to raise it a bit more. What's the mg of your fresh saltwater, maybe you got a bad batch?

cumbeje

I would try doing water changes 20% weekly. Even with a good skimmer, A skimmer only has capacity to remove a certain percentage of organics and some can only be removed by water changes. Also if your chemistry is out. The artificial sea water will correct this.