Frogspawn closed up

RDrink25

For over a week it has been closed for no reason. Only thing I changed was lighting I went to LED's from T5's. Water is near perfect all the way around other than the CAL being 290. Any help because this is my favorite coral and would hate to lose it. I have tried move it to less flow but no luck? The anemone has always been there so I don't think they are fighting also when it was move that should of cured it then?

Before

photo22.jpg

After

photo4-3.jpg

ChrisOaty

It is the highest coral in your tank and depending on what type of LEDs you chose and the intensity, you may be right about there being too much light for it. Try moving it down?

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
What leds u get? How bout 40% for a week then 50 for another. Leds look dark n the reality is they are HOT

.........yep. I'm a reefer.

gbose

Rdrink,

I nearly killed most of my corals (zoa, mushrooms, duncans, frogspawn) by adding a single 19W LED to my RSM130. I didn't acclimate as I figured it was such a small increase over the 110W PC lights I already had.....

Go real slow!

GBose

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I started mine at 20% then moved up 5% to 10% every other week or so.

Keep in mind that the frogspawn could be trying to regulate how much light is striking it's tissue because of the increased intensity. Also you need to look into your Cal level.. pretty low especially for a stony coral.