Freshwater General discussion

reefman420

Re: General discussion

It was one of those bad storms here in the good state of minnesota.I acctualy reset a 30 gallon up,and then it cracked,tried keeping them in a bucket with a airstone in it,but they died.so i guess thats what i get when i use a critter cage that says dont fill with water.lol

kathywithbirds

Sorry to hear...

I have a betta in a 1 gallon and a couple pretty feeder guppies in another 1 gallon. Do they count?

cracker

I like freshwater tanks! A friend of mine had a real nice large freshwater 100 gls or so. She had a wetdry filter. Is this common for fresh water filtration?

PEMfish

...!? Never heard of that before! Gusse it could be done. Is it common - to the best of my knowledge - no.

cracker

I don't see why it wouldn't work The bioballs host the fresh water form of nitrifying bacteria same as in saltwater. Is that right? Thanks,

PEMfish

Yeah. If theres enough oxygen, places to live submersed most the time. It`ll work. Would suggest a more orithidox rout though, if your setting up. But it would work.

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM

my 250 has a big wet dry as well as UG, my arrow eats 2 big tiger prawns a day and Ive never had an ammonia spike, not so popular on small tanks because of the space requirements and overflow and extra pumps

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM

Yup great fish but I wouldnt recommend them to anyone that dosen't have a really big tank, they grow super fast

PEMfish

I`m thinking about getting half dozen - dozen Barbus titteya. Would now except don`t have $ sense reef came along. Doh! when`d that happen!?