Freshwater General discussion

PEMfish

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!My tank has sank on one side over an inch an a half sence I moved in here, 4 months ago! I keep forgetting to yap about it to the world. Its my 29 gal. There is a fireplace mantel about a foot from it ( not a real one, just decor. Never was one, never will be real. ) and its sunk too on one side. Its an older home with previous termite damage. So heres the fun part: me or some other unlucky friend has to climb in a 2' hole ( not a full basement ), crawl 20ft, and support the floor by flash light, Its only 2.5' tall there and it is awful in there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
Re: General discussion

:stars: :stars: :stars:

Wow! I can see doing that though, big fish, big bucks. So, what vet saw a fish? What was wrong with him? What`d they do for him?

I was getting local frozen prawns for him and they had flukes, we used an anesthetic and had a trough with a pump flowing water thru his gills, did a swab and a scope of the gut and took an xray, not bad for 50.00 the vet just really got off on the unusual, but try sitting in the waiting area with a big rubbermaid,lol

Frankie

RS STAFF
Sorry i haven't posted to this thread everyone. I have a nano planted tank I was or am doing with Lee but it's not going so great. Were planing on tossing that stupid nano to the curb and getting a 20 long or something. I'll keep you updated as she makes her mind up.

PEMfish

Whats that noise!?

You know those peskie lil snails that come in the plants? Well I thought I got em all. But not long ago one of my favorite swords has been getting eaten` very fast! Out of the blue they come back... ...sort of. Haven`t seen any though. I just sat back down from investigating the noise, Found the snails!!! - filter. Every time I hear something I have to run to it. The first time I was home when we got mail in my new house ( we have a mail 'chamber', a slot that leads to a in-wall chamber were it waits retrieval. ). Well, It makes alot of noise right by the door. So me, beeing who I am, I silently unlock the door by the suspicious sound. I had a 4 foot 2x4 raised and ready, fully tensed, At the poor mail man!

vdituri

Leave that man alone!
He's a federal worker! That makes it a federal case if you assault him! lol

I had a tiretrack eel and I loved it the most of any freshwater fish I ever had.
Then he got sucked up the intake. Man I miss him.
Great personalities.

PEMfish

Thought he was breaking in!!! ( didn't know he was a mail man )

Yeah, those look nice but get big.

PEMfish

Anything anybody wants to say... right here, right now, I`v got no problem... Chat it up.

PEMfish

Got the floor jacked, Went it on a near by beam to avoid the hole. Didn't get it up all the way, as the house settles it should get easer, like in a week.

PEMfish

When I was sitting here, at RS not long ago I looked over at my FW and saw a 1'' snail making its way up the glass!!! They come in with the plants, as we all know. Well I haven`t bought plants in many months, and for it too get that big, They are all squished by me before they get half that size. Where was he hiding!

By the yall, Feel free to post anything here, as long as its FW.

vdituri

Snails hide anywhere at anytime.
Probably has a safehouse somewhere in the tank.

Me, I can't keep snails to save my life. Just lucky I guess.

Last edited:

vdituri

Usually it is eggs left behind.
I think they are born pregnant so they reproduce at a young age.

Not sure where the big one was hiding. Maybe the fish are protecting him, like the witness relocation program.