Frag rack! Easy and cost me $0 :)

reefer4200

So at about 1am i realized i wasn't going to fall asleep and decided instead of wasting my time on TV lets be productive...so i built myself a frag rack!!! Not the most professional no...but easily done, basically free and again EASY!

Supplies needed :
1 - Suction cup mount or magnetic mount ( i used one i had laying around from a maxijet pump)
2 - A heavy duty plastic board. (i used a cutting board from my bar since i have a bunch)
3 - Zip Ties

I dint measure the hole gaps or anything but it works....Like i said not most professional...and once the plugs are all in it actually doesn't look half bad IMO. Im uploading pics now because i know youd hate me otherwise..:hammerhea

reefer4200

well they are all uploading to photobucket...im going to TRY and fall asleep. see you in the pm my fellow reefers.

BigJay

There is nothing better then DIY. I found the easiest hang on tank frag rack is just to buy some cheap acrylic and use either a heat gun, propane torch or butane torch and just heat it to bend it. Make one U shape on one side to hang on the tank and then an L the opposite direction for the rack. Shouldn't cost more then $5 and about 20 minutes to do the bending and drill the holes.
You can take it a step further and skip the U bend and drill some holes the same size of the suction cups your using and now its a suction mount. Total price now shouldn't be more then $7.

reefer4200

3-24-08003.jpg

3-24-08011.jpg

My babies!!!
3-24-08007.jpg

3-24-08006.jpg

3-24-08009.jpg

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Great looking work buddy!! Good for you :)

I just made some "shelves" for the sand out of egg-crate molded into a table and made a "Hanging Rack" all from Egg-crate with no additional hangers or supports.

:)

reefer4200

Great looking work buddy!! Good for you :)

I just made some "shelves" for the sand out of egg-crate molded into a table and made a "Hanging Rack" all from Egg-crate with no additional hangers or supports.

:)

Thats what my intentions were but i had NO egg crate!!! It was 3am and i was bored so i pieced together things i found laying around. Im going out to get egg crate tomorrow and building some others. Do you have any pics for reference by chance?

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Here you go buddy :) *Direct exert from my 90g Chronicle*
Big Daddy Hot Al said:
I just wasn't pleased with the "Look" of my home-made frag rack. I talked to a local reefer here who is making his own "Frag Plug stands" for his frags on display at a LFS. He's using Egg-Crate and bending it instead of attaching hangers and such. I tried my hand at it and with some time and practice it's pretty easy.

Here's are shots of the "Old" frag rack
IMG_6321.jpg

IMG_6319.jpg
IMG_6320.jpg

and are some of the new one
IMG_6331.jpg
IMG_6332.jpg
IMG_6335.jpg

and here are some of it right before I put it into the tank
IMG_6323.jpg
IMG_6324.jpg
IMG_6325.jpg
IMG_6326.jpg
IMG_6327.jpg

reefer4200

that is sweet, im gonna make something like that...i was gonna get rock to build up the center of my 125 but i might just do something like that to get coral up there...?!