Frag baskets

reefguy

So I wanted to ask and see what people thought about this idea. I want to get or make some baskets that I can float in my 120 and load up with different nems/mushrooms/leathers and so on. I was wondering what everyone thinks of the idea. Makes everything easy to keep track off while I sell.

And input would be great. Thanks!

kyle4201

Wouldn't that put them to close to the lights for to long? Maybe the pic in my mind is not what you have in your mind.

Ratpack

I am with Kyle, maybe a sketch of your idea would help. But as he mentioned, that close to the lights would be too much unless they have a shield on top to reduce the light .

kyle4201

Floating baskets with sun shields for lids?? ?? CALL OAKLEY!!! they might want to get in on the ground floor. lollol

reefguy

The tank has the lights suspended from the ceiling 2 feet above the water. The PAR LVL that my meter reads 6 inches below the surface is 168. I am sure they will be fine. It's 2x ATI bulbs, not MH.

Ratpack

You should be fine then if that is the PAR reading you get. We were all assuming that brighter lights were present. So, with that behind us, my suggestion would be something like a small Glad container that has a lip on it. Then get a sheet of high density styrofoam, cut a hole to fit the container, but too big that the lip goes through. Slide the container in and you are ready to go. Just drill a few holes below the water line so that water can circulate but no real flow and you're are all set.