Foxface help

medic1597

So yesterday I went to a labor day sale at the lfs and picked up three zoa frags and a one spot foxface. I brought him home and floated the bag with the lights off for 15 mins, then drip acclimate for 1 hour. When I put him in the tank he sorta layer on a rock for a minute then found a cave and hid in there. He stayed hidden in there and I left the t5 lights off and had the blue moonlight LEDs on. Came home about 6 hours later and he was lying in the corner of the tank and was his stressed colors (brownish). I turned the lights on to get a better look and he stayed there but perked up his spines some, shut the lights off and came back 10 mins later and he was gone, guessing he went back in the cave. Is this normal for a foxface? I've read they change to dark colors when stressed or at night. I'm at work all day today and won't be home until tomorrow morning so hopefully he is doing better.

lethal

Has been struck by the ban stick
I think this is pretty normal for a Foxface, mine was very timid for a number of weeks.

carlfike

i just got one 2 weeks ago. he's just now starting to get his color back and come out and about more. they are very shy fish and take forever to get comfy in a new home.

medic1597

came home from work today and he is looking great, eating algae off the back wall and going after food when I feed, still a little skiddish while I was doing a top off and cleaning the skimmer.

medic1597

d3f912b5.jpg
[/IMG]
147ef8e9.jpg
[/IMG]
a559cb1e.jpg
[/IMG]

medic1597

Think it was one of the clowns, they all three seem to want to claim the same corner of the tank. Didn't think the clowns would be that aggressive. Don't think it was like that when I got him from the lfs.