For Sale Marine Plant GRACILARIA TIKVAHIAE

mrobbtx

Anybody interested in some Gracilaria Tikvahiae? I am going to be selling it off in sandwhich sized bags for $11 including the shipping costs. I will be ready to cull it out around the first week of december, as I am going out of town for Thanksgiving so I dont want to disturb anything before I leave of course. I have tons of this stuff from giving some cuttings to about 10 friends last year and now all of us are overloaded with it and since I am the groups internet geek, I have the grand job of selling it all off...most of it is the green morph, but I have one friend who may have some of the red available, I havent heard back from him this week...but I figured i would ask around. If any of you guys know of somebody looking for some, I would sure appreciate it, what little I am going to make is going for a good cause. I am trying to locate and get my children back, as my wife ran off with another guy last christmas and I havent been able to see or speak to my 7 children since....I am not one to ask for help....but with this holiday season upon us, I must say, I am feeling the pain now, as i am sure you guys can imagine. Thanks for any help you can send my way. Michael

PhilOlsen

Has been struck by the ban stick
If you do have some red, I would be interested in a bag of each (red, green), let me know.

mrobbtx

I think I will have some Codium Fragile and possibly some other odds and ends too. PM or email me if you are interested. I will get back with any interested parties when I return thanks Michael

Frankie

RS STAFF
Interesting. Where are you from? I might want some of that. I never heard of it. Is it good for refugiums? Sorry about your wife.

mrobbtx

Hi actually I have 2 residences, one in texas in Freeport, the other is in eastern NC. I have had to keep a residence in NC in order to file for custody of my kids, as thats where we were living for the past 12 years, that is also where my tanks are located for the moment, I moved them to my mothers before this nightmare begun. I am in the process of relocating here in Texas, just to get a new start in life, I will be moving my tanks down here once i get settled in. The company I am going to work for has several different openings so I am not certain what city I will be living in permanetly yet, so you dont go moving aquariums until your ready...LOL. Yes Gracilaria is great for refugiums, here is a scientific artical on this species, most notably in the artical is this wording: "Gracilaria tikvahiae is an autotrophic species, capable of storing relatively large amounts of dissolved nitrite (NO2-), nitrate (NO-3), and amino acids as a nitrogen pool. This capacity suggests that growth in this species can be somewhat uncoupled from nutrient uptake. a concept which has several beneficial applications to the aquaculture industry, particularly if optimal growth can continue after all available nitrogen has been removed from the water (Hwang, Williams and Brinkhuis 1987). I have had good luck with this stuff off hand.

http://www.sms.si.edu/IRLSpec/Gracil_tikvah.htm

mrobbtx

here are some generic pics i just grabbed off the net. This plant does have a number of color morphs out there, I have some green red and even a little brown here and there.

Attachments

• 277809144_640x480.jpg
    277809144_640x480.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 73
  • 1973630079_640x480.jpg
    1973630079_640x480.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 73

sompa

I use this algea in my ref/sump and am very happy with it. I have to prune it often...grows great! One suggestion though keep it out of your display unless you are wanting to rescape your tank often. Again, very pleased with this algea in my setup.

jnohs

just went to the beach this weekend and grabbed a small piece looks good and i guess it good. i think it grew allready in my fuge