Food???

Clint24

Hello again.

There was a discussion on here somewhere about Rods food & Larry's reef food. Lookin at their websites & reading what uall have said, it sounds like they are both good food. My question I guess is that I'm battling GHA in a few spots in my tank, should I wait to get it taken care of before I change food, or do u think it will help my situation (as long as I don't over feed it) since it's supposed to b cleaner than my current frozen prep food. I've read that these foods are cleaner, so there is no more thaw/rinse process & no phosphates. I currently use frozen mysis shrimp with other frozen cubes thawed out & mixed together. Also feed flakes in between. Any information would b appreciated. I've never heard of these foods until recently, & if I can find them in my area I would love to try them. :) Thanks.

CD

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
If your tank is new (I can't remember) the GHA is just part of the normal tank progression and will go away with good husbandry.

Larry's Reef Frenzy is really clean and I highly recommend it.

Clint24

Lol. Thanks Snid!! Yes my tank is less than a year old, right at about 10 months or so. I used my old rock from my previous set up(as base rock) and used the rock out of another tank that was set up for a few years.

Thanks goma. I found some rods food about 50 miles away but I can't find any Larry's food around me. Maybe at Macna I'll b able to get some, I think they are both gonna have a booth set up!!! :)

CD

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
You may be able to get samples of both. Be sure to take a cooler with you to keep it FROZEN on the ride home.

You may want to see if your LFS can get set-up with Larry. It would be well worth your time to get it available locally.

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
You can contact Larry and he will send a sample over to your LFS for them to try and see if they want to carry it.

Clint24

Thanks BigAl. I'll c if I can do that while I'm there. Cooler is also a good idea, probably should get it ready now so I don't forget it. :)
Goma, that is also a good idea. I'll try to get ahold of them to see if I can get my lfs to carry it. Thanks. :)

CD