Food

noon6

I came across a frozen product today called Rod's Food. I was wondering if anyone has ever used this and what if any thoughts you might have on the quality and use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

noon6

I was told that when using a food like Rod's you don't have to spot feed your corals anymore, is that true. I'm kinda skeptical about that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Yea that's pretty much how I treat it. I haven't "spot fed" coral in a LONG time. Also keep in mind that a little bit goes a LONG way. Feed a lot less than you think they needs because you're adding lots of micro food particles to the tank.

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Both rod's and Larry's are good. I've heard that rods can be a little rich but no experience. Personally I use Larry's and haven't had a reason to switch.

Both foods are fed the same way, thaw, mix and dump. The is versus a cube of mysid which is thaw, rinse out the nasties and then feed. You don't need to rinse Larry's which is good cause it leaves all the smaller particulate.

reefer gladness

Larry's doesn't sell out here on the west coast but I've used Rod's original mix for a few years now as a weekend treat. I do think it's too rich in the small-diameter nutrients intended for corals to be used every day - twice a week at most IMO. Everything in my tank loves it though.