Flatworms!!!

mro2you2

I found some flatworms on my mushrooms. I want a sixline wrasse. would that fix it??? My LFS sells some nudis that eat flatworms.

GrendelPrime

if u just lost fish from ick the last thing i would do is add more fish to ur system and are u 100% sure its flat worms..take some pics before u do anything and look up flat worms to see that they look like and how to fix it before u buy anything else

jcgardner

upload them to photobucket or a service like it and then paste the image code on here and we can see them.

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
It's ok Grendel his LFS and Reef club said he doesn't need a QT or HT for a small tank, as long as he maintains perfect water quality and no stress the fish will not get ich.

Guess they don't consider the journey the fish take to get to the LFS, then the time spent there with all the people beating on the tanks before you take it home stress.

Just doesn't make sense a Reef club and LFS advising against QT ot HT no matter the tank size, could this be another line of BS are we getting a new patio make over or couch?

Sorry after your comments yesterday in chat and in your initial posts I think you should consider sticking with platys, I can see the LFS but I honestly can't believe you joined a reef clud that fast and if you did I can't imagine they would advised aginst a QT or HT.

SecretAgent

he can always feed garlic and be done with it.....LoL....Thats a first to me, a reef forum advising against QT? Was it supposedly this sight that told him this or what?

DaveK

Just doesn't make sense a Reef club and LFS advising against QT ot HT no matter the tank size, could this be another line of BS are we getting a new patio make over or couch?

Actually, I could see something like this occurring. The reef club, sponsored mostly by the LFS, along with most of the members having nanos purchased from same LFS, and depending upon them for advise and information.

The local aquarium society in my area, which goes way way back, is still sort of hung up on the FW hobby as it existed about 50 years ago. Last time I checked, which was some time ago, they still had monthly bowel shows for various FW groups of fish.

Now imagine getting something out of a reef system, or even a planted FW system to show it at a bowel show? (grin)

mro2you2

Im dishing the money out as we speak.... I dont know how Im going to convince my parents though... what the heck I might as well shut down my fresh!

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
All right I'll let it go :) sometimes thing really eat at me and this one of them. If you do or don't get a QT I won't mention it again.

My advice is solid and will only help you to maintain a happy healthy reef in the long run :)