flatworms? need id help.

kinghokus420

i just noticed these guys on the glass of my refugium. small grey and forked tail.
they seem to be concentrated near the light. i only see them in a small area. 6x6. nowhere else in the tank.

DSCN2193.jpg

anyone have an idea?

hma

This are Waminoa sp. they increase like the rabbits, suck off immediately what you from the beasts can find.

mps9506

Not Convolutriloba sp?
Not that I think it really matters :) just going by ol Ron Schmeik's ID on these guys. Pretty easy to get rid of, they do multiply like rabbits, suck em out with a siphon tube attached to a filter bag and drain the water back into the sump.
Salifert's Flatworm Exit does the trick on the critters to if you want a chemical solution. You will still need to siphon them out as the die though as they will pollute the tank.

hma

Not Convolutriloba sp?
Not that I think it really matters :) just going by ol Ron Schmeik's ID on these guys. Pretty easy to get rid of, they do multiply like rabbits, suck em out with a siphon tube attached to a filter bag and drain the water back into the sump.
Salifert's Flatworm Exit does the trick on the critters to if you want a chemical solution. You will still need to siphon them out as the die though as they will pollute the tank.

This really does no matters Mike, they have to go out there as fast as possible .

BTW ... this are Convolutriloba sp., the small marked "ltail" does the difference!

convolutrilobaspjq7.jpg

mps9506

This really does no matters Mike, they have to go out there as fast as possible .

BTW ... this are Convolutriloba sp., the small marked "ltail" does the difference!

convolutrilobaspjq7.jpg

hehe :)
Thanks for pointing that out. I had no idea the difference.

mps9506

Yes, the difference in body shape is quite obvious now that I look at it (as is the light yellow point). I'm very glad to have you show me the difference.
Another hitchiker I need to try and file away in my head :)