flame scallop and seahorses?

cindyp

I am moving the stock from 2 55 gallon tanks to the new 180 I plan on taking down one 55 completely and using the other as a seahorse tank. I have done research on seahorse org about tank mates. I plan on having 1 pair of eretus and 2 pairs reidi mated and tank bred.
also I plan on having 3 firefish and one mandarin and one catalina goby in this tank. here is the problem I have a flame scallop in this tank and he has been there a year and a half hanging under a cave I know he will not be a good tank mate for the ponies:( what is the best way to remove him without hurting him?

cindyp

Move the whole rock or whatever it's attached to?

Thanks Al, I think that is my only choice however acclimating will be a problem the rock is large maybe I can use a big bucket to acclimate and just drip the new tank water into it. uh oh new tank that maybe a problem in itself as far as his survival:(

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
well for what it's worth yours has already far outlived many others in captivity. I know that's not the BEST comment now but you've been doing things right so maybe you'll keep getting it right :)

cindyp

well for what it's worth yours has already far outlived many others in captivity. I know that's not the BEST comment now but you've been doing things right so maybe you'll keep getting it right :)
yeah thats what I've heard. I think I will try to blow him with a ph in hopes of him wanting to move on his own and if he does I will acclimate him to the new tank and feed him every other day for a few weeks thats what I did when I 1st got him. if he refuses to move off the rock I will acclimate the entire rock and build him a new cave using the rock he lives in and hope for the best. I never expected to have him so long either but I have enjoyed him:)