Fitting Media Rack and Tunze 9002

Menorca1

I'm hoping to fit my new rack and skimmer today, putting filter floss on top shelf, Purigen on second shelf and Chemi Pure Elite in third shelf, could any one please advise as to orientation of the media rack as I have read people with the intank logo on the left looking from the front (seems this way on Steve T's website) some people with logo on right.

Also what height do you fit the Tunze for the best results.

It seems Steve has done movies for various tank set ups but not a 130D.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Menorca1

w00t

The media rack will only fit in one way, so don't worry about that. What you are probably seeing is the old vs new design of the rack where logos were in different spots. Either way, like I say the rack will only go in one way.

As for the water level, depends on how you have the valve adjusted. Personally I like to have the water level mark on the tunze just slightly above the actual water line. Then I just open the valve more to compensate, I find that works best for me. Some like it under the water level to compensate for when the water level goes down. Whatever you find works best for you.

smudger

Hi Menorca1,
According to the instructions on SteveT's website the MediaRack will only fit in one way. That is with the inTank logo faceing the electrical panel and the indented brackets faceing the intake grate. I am waiting for mine to arrive and will be setting it up like you soon. The Tunze attaches to the rack so if you sit it on the bottom of the chamber it can only be at one height. I think!!
Also if you are putting the Chemi Pure on the bottom shelf you should attach it to the shelf above with a clip of some sort to allow better water flow around it.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

StevieT

RS Sponsor
The logo has been on the same side for every version produced, the look of the logo has just changed.

The logo must face the electrical panel and the media basket can only fit in the tank one way. It slides in the area that the intake grate spills into.

I have been meaning to do a video for the RSM but it is harder because the tank is set up. The other videos were using tanks that had nothing in them, I could set the up wherever for good top down shots.