First Reef Tank / Long Island

Rob Moser

Hey everybody, new to the forums just taking a second to introduce myself n say hello. Just recently got my first fishtank ever and it also happens to be a reef tank. I'm very lucky that one of my good friends managed a salt water fish store in Florida. Learning so much and looking forward to learning a ton more. The tank I got is a 25 gallon cube with 2 lights totaling 1755 lumens on a timer. About 18 pounds of live rock at the moment plan on adding a few more this week. Brought it back with two snails and a serpent starfish about three weeks ago now, and just yesterday I started noticing about 20 tiny little white baby snails I think lol. I researched it on this forum already and found that these things could reproduce like machines huh. Well I'll be posting pictures of progress on the regular and thanks everyone for being informative and helpful.

ziggy

good to hear from you and welcome.

Would like to see some pics when you get the chance.

If you add more live rock later it may cause your tank to cycle unless the rock is cured good at your friends place.

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Welcome to RS! Start a tank thread so we can follow your journey!! :swmfish:

Snelly40

welcome!!! and let us know any questions.... people here are very nice and knowledgeable... and when you start I know you have 100000's of questions haha so def ask away... and workds of wisdom from wittfull when I first started were... "only bad things happen fast in a reef, be patient" its so hard but so true

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Start a new tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along - we love pics :)