(First Reef Tank Ever) **** 600gal Display **** 1300gal System

Status
Not open for further replies.

jnohs

i never had an ich brak out. probably just jinxed myself. i figured my cleaner shrimp kept that at bay thought. i will never forget watching the fish pull up to the cleaner shrimp station.one at a time it was really cool. but he has tiny fingers and i figured he keeps them clean.

naperenterprise

Man! That was like a freakin soap opera!

Awsome tank!!!

First reef, very amazing!

Its like starting Kenpo Karate, and jumping into class to get your black belt on the first day.

Super job! I'm very impressed.

cbui2

its about that time to again make some foods (3 quart ziploc) which they consume in three months.

ingredients used:
1 whole garlic
1/2 lb. fresh shrimp, squid and scallop
2 frozen packs of Hikari algae, mega angel and ocean plankton
1/2 cup formula 2 pellets and 1 cup of flakes
1/2 cup spectrum thera+ pellets by new life
15 grams whole freeze dried cyclop-eeze since out of frozen one
1 oz. garlic xtreme, 30ml Selcon, 4 oz. Zoecon and 2 oz. vita-chem

procedure for mixing ingredients together:
1. all frozen food Hikari cubes are soaked w/RO for an hour
2. fresh seafood are chopped and blended to almost paste form
3. add fresh seafood along w/Hikari products mix using spatula
4. add all pellets, cyclop-eeze and all liquid vitamins mix again
5. last item added flakes then carefully folding w/spatula but not breaking flakes into pieces

2-28-08.jpg

2-28-08a.jpg

2-28-08b.jpg

2-28-08c.jpg

vdituri

Some kind of chip dip?
I love the picture with the flakes on top. Nice garnish!

Thanks for sharing your secret recipe with us.
How do you dispense it? Do you just cut off a hunk?

Somebody (maybe Al) was talking about using miniature icecube trays to make their own frozen fish food cubes. Just an idea.

cbui2

thanks guys, no need to cut them. all i do is break them in small cube pieces enough for the fishes to consume in mins. i placed them in the lower part of freezer where the next day wont be rock hard frozen so much easy to break them.

feeding schedule: breakfest, lunch and dinner (homemade frozend food)dropping frozen cubes directly into main display

2 clip nori w/selcon and garlic xtreme every other day

cbui2

ok took some pics, but there're not the best so enjoy. every time i get ready to ordered a real camera, i end up with coral orders instead :D. this week shipment coming in on Friday will contain 15 pc's SPS and 7 LPS. this tank is taking forever to stock up and besides i really need to get my calcium and kalk reactor online as these corals are depleting my calcium and alk pretty fast, almost double the dosage in the past 3 weeks since tons of corals have been added lately.

Left
3-13-08left.jpg

Middle
3-13-08middle.jpg

Right
3-13-08right.jpg

Full Tank Shot
3-13-08full.jpg

reefer4200

i just spent hours reading this thread, unbelievable tank. Great work and well, its nice to sit back and know that it all paid off!!!! Now grab a seat and relax man, you busted your butt doing all that. crazy and beautiful!!

funkpolice

Your tank is amazing. I wish I had the $$$ for that right now, and the space. I hope you're still here in a couple years, I'm going to try the same thing.
bill

Status
Not open for further replies.