First person to answer right gets a Big prize!

JFK_Jr

PREMIUM
So what's this creature called?

DSC00453.jpg

caitrina

I don't answer anything until I know the prize!!!! :lol: I want guarantees...:LOL: I know, it's a bag of those creatures, right?

Last edited:

goldenmean

:whstlr: Thank you, Thank you.
It is such a thrill:whstlr:

I had that chilton in my nano for over a year.
I rarely saw him as he was always in the rocks and only came out in the black of night.
Then a few months ago he traveled around the sides of the tank for a couple of days during the day. Then I found him dead. He was pretty cool even if I went months without seeing him.

caitrina

Hey, thats what I was going to say, but I wanted to know what the prize was! :LOL: Ok, maybe not !

Congratulations! Interesting little creature.

JFK_Jr

PREMIUM
Hey, thats what I was going to say, but I wanted to know what the prize was! :LOL: Ok, maybe not !

Congratulations! Interesting little creature.

I don't want you to feel cheated... so here you go!

gold_achievement.jpg

:LOL:

caitrina

:LOL: Thank you very much! I feel better now and will be able to make it through the rest of the weekend, had me scared there for awhile, thought it was going to ruin my whole week. ;)

JFK_Jr

PREMIUM
Ok,, So what are those lovely little things in the upper left corner(above sandbed) in the picture?.... eeeewwww

Food for my Peppermint shrimps... :lol: Watch below...:yup:

Actually aquaman3680 is right... they are flatworms. They were more rampant a month ago, but have dissiptated since then. I also attribute my sixline's huge belly to them... he eats them so much that he ignores almost everything else.

kathywithbirds

I love that video, especially the music!! We just scored a baby 6-line for Mike's infested 14g, hope he's as hungry!!!

JFK_Jr

PREMIUM
I love that video, especially the music!! We just scored a baby 6-line for Mike's infested 14g, hope he's as hungry!!!

Thanks!

After your sixline settles down and you see him eating, you want to feed him sparingly in order to keep his attention on the flatworms. I spot feed the rest of my fish in the tank. I also see my chromis and long nose hawk eating them. I guess that's one of the reasons why I've been able to keep them in check.

Also, increased flow seems to keep there numbers down for some reason. I noticed an increase after I went away for a few days and returned to find three of my powerheads had seized. So you can also try increased flow in your tank.

They haven't gotten out of control on me, so I refuse to treat with Salifert... besides my fish love to chomp on them...:grr: