finger leather frag

fugazi

i would like to give my mom a frag from my finger leather. can i just cut this inside the tank or should i take it out to do it and give it some kind of dip? i have fragged sps, lps and zoo's but never a leather. please let me know. tia jim :columbo:

ReefLady

Staff member
Hey Jim, I recommend you take it out and frag it in a bowl of water. Sinularia have very potent toxins, and you don't want to tick it off inside the tank. :)

Give it a good rinse in tank water before returning it, and I'd also recommend running some activated carbon after the blessed event.

Good luck!

Travis

Tony

I agree, when you cut it try to get one clean cut or multiple cuts in the same direction DO NOT saw back and forth this could increase the chances for infection. To attach the frag to a rock I use a needle and thread. I go through the base and tie it off on to the rock, this seems to work well. Also try to put the frag in the same conditions as the mother, same water movement lighting ect...The baby coral should attach in about 2-3 weeks maybe even sooner.

Have fun
Tony

Brucey

Yep, good advice from above. If you can remove it, it's def your best option. Then throw away the water you FRAG'd it in and replace with salt water
Brucey