FF337's 180 gallon build - Augusta, GA

FF337

Began with a 120 Mixed Reef with very few sps infested with Aiptasia

IMAG0182.jpg

Removed ½ of the aipasia infested rock. The tank looked empty. I went on the prowl for coral. Star Aquatics closed, our other LFS didn’t have what I was looking for. I was ready to break the tank down and call it quits.

Through Atlanta Reef Club, I met Reggie (GAReeferman). He showed me his tank. Incredible collection. Very knowledgeable. He introduced me to his friend Ryan (Rskillz) He too had an incredible collection, very knowledgeable. Ryan opened a saltwater store here in Augusta, GA.

I began collecting sps, a few acans and Z&P’s. Some from Reggie, Most from Ryan, and a few here and there. I used the 120 as a frag/growout tank. I quickly collected around a 100 sps frags and mini colonies.

I decided I wanted to upgrade. I called Reggie, got some ideas for a stand/canopy. Called Ryan, he helped decide what size tank and I began buying equipment.

6 months of planning and purchasing has left me with this. It is still a work in progress.

IMAG0497.jpg

Reggie putting together the stand

IMAG0498.jpg

Reggie routing the stand

IMG958075.jpg

Trim added to the stand

IMG957852.jpg

Beer ledge

IMG958691.jpg

Doors

IMAG0515.jpg

IMAG0528.jpg

Stained and Poly’ed, Cabinet lighting added

IMAG0535.jpg

Tank added, waiting for a piece to fill gap for door

IMAG0530.jpg

Side door

IMAG0641.jpg

Place to mount the Halide

IMAG0622.jpg

Canopy

IMAG0620.jpg

IMAG0621.jpg

Trim for beer ledge to hide trim

IMAG0683.jpg

Finished, only center light lit

IMAG0686.jpg

Lumenmax Elite Reflectors, Coralvue 400 watt ballast – only 1 mounted, other 2 being used on 120 until 180 is cycled and sump is complete.

IMAG0662.jpg

Stand Doors opened

IMAG0663.jpg

Electrical compartment

Thank you for viewing. More pictures to follow as I make progress.

Questions, Comments are welcome.

reeferman

Joseph,it was a pleasure building this for you my friend.i cant wait to see all them colorful sticks in there!
im certain the mention of my name and face has cost you quite a bit of comments around here with my less than stellar rep with some of the "regulars".im sorry for getting you blackballed before you even got started!

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
I think the stand is out of square :). Fantastic looking tank!!!! Welcome to RS. You're in good hands with Reggie, I have him on speed dial!!

FF337

Joseph,it was a pleasure building this for you my friend.i cant wait to see all them colorful sticks in there!
im certain the mention of my name and face has cost you quite a bit of comments around here with my less than stellar rep with some of the "regulars".im sorry for getting you blackballed before you even got started!

Incredible work. Can't argue that.

reeferman

you should be a little more careful on who you associate yourself with!hahaha
Joseph,Bryan[PSU4ME]^ is my buddy from Boston who got that huge frag pack you were drooling over!nothing you dont already have though!LOL

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Hell dude if ur willing to claim him (Reggie). :D

Any friend of Reggie's is a friend of ours. N damn. U do fine work buddy. Jealous big time. This looks awesome.

..........its 5:00 somewhere

FF337

ahhh that's the lucky fella with an instant sps collection. You definately got the better of that deal.

I have a couple pieces here and there that look pretty decent. :)

reeferman

Hell dude if ur willing to claim him (Reggie). :D

Any friend of Reggie's is a friend of ours. N damn. U do fine work buddy. Jealous big time. This looks awesome.

..........its 5:00 somewhere

thanks Matt.i do a good bit of work for the Augusta Historical Society,some dating to early 1800s.woodworking is a passion and its nice to get paid to do what you love.truth be told,i would do a lot of historical restorations for free just to touch history.

Joseph,dont all friends come over and rearrange your aquascape and leave half done and in shambles?

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
I usually leave my rock work in shambles....but that's because i ran out of beer and couldn't convicne the wife to go get more!

no beer - no work!

reeferman

i was just giving him something to do until we finish his acrylic sump.he gets real antsy!he would have rearranged them anyway even if i would have finished the job.

FF337

thanks Matt.i do a good bit of work for the Augusta Historical Society,some dating to early 1800s.woodworking is a passion and its nice to get paid to do what you love.truth be told,i would do a lot of historical restorations for free just to touch history.

Joseph,dont all friends come over and rearrange your aquascape and leave half done and in shambles?

I got a house built in 1982. Needs a roof. Your welcome to come touch that fine piece of 80s era history
all you want. Ill even wait till its cooler outside and ill remove the shingles. :)

reeferman

pick the metal color and ill be there,you know that bud!
sorry to say,1982 doesnt quite qualify for the historical freebie but a few more trips down to that sweet beach house should just about cover it! ;)