Feedng Zoa's

Koda2007

Hi

If you directly feed your zoas how often do you feed them.
Been havng a few health problems lately so my wife went and bought a couple as a suprise cheer up present.
I know they are classed as a beginners coral but to put it bluntly they have never interested me. UNTIL NOW. Placed in reef what appeared to be brown zoas but over the course of 48 hours it has coloured up orangy brown with green middle and tenticles. The other was a grey colour but has turned to an olve green colour. I am well impressed.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Way to go Koda2007 :)

I don't normally directly feed mine as they get what's floating around randomly in the tank. I use Cyclopeeze and when I feed with my Mysis EVERYONE comes out to eat.

Koda2007

Cheeers Bigal07

I am mpressed wth mine but you certainly have some stunners in the U.S.
You never know If I play the sympathy card I might get her to buy me some more.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
:LOL: Careful there buddy... that's a gamble because you may have "pay-back" at some point :)

If you have any local reef clubs check them out and maybe you can trade around. I have a HUGE passion for Zoas now and love seeing them grow and prosper in my tanks. And the best part is that every frag I grow out and trade/sell is one LESS that's harvested from the wild. It's a WIN-WIN in my eyes.

Glad you like your zoas and keep us posted.

PS We LOVE pics :)

framerguy

I've never directly fed mine as well, and they are awesome!
DSC_0022a-1.jpg