• 3 times/week

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • daily

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • never

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters

gdwats2

I've had them for years and they have mostly eaten fallout. one is a bubble tip (not red) and the other a carpet. lately I heve been feeding them pieces of scallops. no shrinking or puking yet. So, I was wondering how often to feed my anemones, and what is bet to feed..

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
I feed mine atleast 3 times per week (unless I am out of town). 90% of their food is thawed whole silversides, the other 10% is homemade mush which consists of shrimp, scallops, clams, red tuna, salmon, frozen cyclopeez, and garlic.

gdwats2

Is it as efficient to feed them mush as it is whole pieces of say..scallops, and then let them get the small stuff (mysis, cyclopeze, fishpoop etc..) from fish feeding fallout?

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
I like the direct feeding method. I feed my anemones and fishes on the heavy side but make up for it with aggressive skimming and water changes :)

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Overfeeding anemones can actually kill them. I used to feed once a week but when I added MHalide I feed them now infrequently. Another potential problem or {not} is that they will split frequently I removed most of my anemones but from the 2 BTA's I kept they became 7 so watch out.

BoomerD

I always fed my anemones 2X (or 3X occasionally) weekly. Chopped bits of silverside or shrimp from the grocery store. Never large pieces, (usually less than 1/4" cubes). I DID experience growth and splitting with my roses on a riparian scale however... ;)

Frankie

RS STAFF
I always went with the fall out method. Never lost one except the lta and that was due to the CL intake. :(