Feedback on camera systems

prow

have you looked into trying to get a nikon D50? they were supposed to stop making them in mid 2007, i bet you can get a clearance sale price for close to the D40.

boozeman

now that the D300 is out it will cause the prices on the lower models (D200, D80 and D40) to start falling

I have the D Rebal and it has been great bought it the 1st weeks it came out and never had 1 problem with it just my 2 cents and debbie that is a killed deal wish I had the money would get it in a heart beat!

olivert00

Spread the word...I will even throw in a tripod:0)
I also have the original boxes for the camera and macro lens, also the receipts for both.
Debbie

aquaman3680

I would not get the D40 if it were me. The D40 has limited lenses that you can get for it. With the D40 you have to have an autofocus in the lens, where on something like the D80 all Nikon fitted lenses will work, as there is an autofocus in the camera its self.

The Canon XTi and the D40 are not comparable. But the D80 and the XTi are. If you are looking just at the D40 and XTi, go for the XTi. I personally have a D50 and love it! Also I would recommend a Sigma 70mm-300mm lens to go along with that!

JMHO

Matt

Cougra

Prow:
I haven't seen the D50 around for sale. I'll defiantely do some research on it though.

Aquaman:
After looking at the price differences on the Canon TXi and Nikon D40X I started looking into the D80 and while it's $200 more for mostly the same equipment but the kit lens is 18-70DX . I'm serriously considering it over the D40x. The larger telephoto lens is on my wish list but will have to wait a while due to finances.

aquaman3680

The lens that I mentioned is also a macro lens. The price on the lens is $139 and you get an excellent lens!

Matt

blue_eyes53813

I have been going back and forth about the same cameras Cougra.. Today I ordered my Canon rebel Xti. A friend of mine has a canon rebel xt and says it is a great camera.. I went with the xti because it was in my price range. I ordered it from dell.com.. They are having some good deals right now.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Way to go Vicki :) I think you'll LOVE that camera. I want to hear ALL about it once you get it :)

Allen

Cougra

I've seen the prices at dell.com but unfortunately they don't ship to Canada and dell.ca doesn't carry cameras :( The prices of the Canon cameras and equipment is finally starting to drop so I think I'm going to end up getting the Canon XTi as well around January or so once my bank account gets out of the red.