feather dusters/cocos???

nightfire76

with finding out that its a feather duster/coco i have in my tank i was wondering is there anyway to tell a feather duster and or such before it starts growing? ive noticed small red somethings poking out of tubes in my live rock and wondering if that could be them before they have a crown and secound question with my normal water changing is that enough food for the 3 clams,duster and other little critters i have growing in there?

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Your water changes wont "Feed" any of the things you've mentioned. Maybe once a week drop some type of "pellet" or something in the tank but not much at all.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I'm thinking something maybe even finer than that. They filter micro-particles from the water so I wouldn't really do "mashed up krill". When I had a "fallow" tank I just put one dried shrimp pellet in the tank per week. They are very small pellets (made by Hikori I believe). Honestly you'd be surprised how self sustaining a tank really is.

Any kind of phytoplankton or liquid food mix like marine snow would be fine if you really want to feed them. But be stingy with feeding and only put a few drops in at each time.