FCATCH76 RSM 250- running since May 2009

FCatCH76

so support from AI contacted me, seems there was a mix up with their ticket system and did not have my contact info??? New board installed and lights are backup and running, just need those two more pucks they forgot.

FCatCH76

5 pucks and three control boards later and I am finally back up and running. Seems there was a problem with the black control boards and now they have green boards.

wingman6

Did you try the lights without 70 degree optics? I installed mine as you did and notice with the stock the light doesn't blend as well in the middle where the 40 degree optics are.

CoreyM

I know fcatch and have seen his tank in person. He might be doing the same LEDs on my 250. I'm sure he will chime in hear but I don't think he is on the forum everyday. From what he told me he did %70 on all of them. I believe the lights are to close to the water for the %40. Be carful I don't knw if this will negatively effect your tank. Pm him. You might get a faster response.

FCatCH76

thx Corey for jumping in. I did install the lights with the 40's and they spotlight the tank horribly. C2 or AI will tell you themselves that it is better to run 70's for wider spread.

FCatCH76

Latest video of my tank, its been a long time, but purchased some acan colonies tonight from a LFS. Wanted to get shots of them before I cut them out and part out for sale. Also, my Aussie Duncan colonies are getting too large for the tank, if interested shoot an email at:
AquaticCatch@hotmail.com

[video=youtube_share;ll6-B2gEfug]http://youtu.be/ll6-B2gEfug[/video]

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
You mentioned you've been dosing Reef Energy A and B in another thread. How is that going?

GregT

a quick video (need some more practice) on my RSM 250 sump setup. Was some nice therapy after having the police at my house this afternoon due to some aggravating neighbors. Hope you enjoy!!

YouTube - Red Sea Max 250 - Sump design and setup
Great setup!
looking at your sump I have some questions as I also am installing a sump into my 250. I'm keen to know the steps and way you installed it, do you have any pics, did you have problems cutting screws and did you reinforce your cabinet.
Thanks
Greg

FCatCH76

Greg,

Sorry, no pics... I did not hit any screws and no reinforcement other than reinstalling the center brace piece that was cut. The tanks has been this way for 3+ years with no issues. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

GregT

Greg,

Sorry, no pics... I did not hit any screws and no reinforcement other than reinstalling the center brace piece that was cut. The tanks has been this way for 3+ years with no issues. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Thanks, last questions, did you install the sump with the tank already running or remove the tank and disassemble the cabinet?

FCatCH76

I cut a area large enough area for the sump, with some room to wiggle. The tank was up and running for a few months. I just marked the area, used blue painters to help guide the jig saw and had a vacuum cleaner hose next to us as we cut. These cabinets are made from a dense wood. I cut the front of the center beam out because the sump system wouldnt slide in. But the concept is that of a bridge, support on both sides will take the load.