Favorite Tool or Gadget?

What is your favorite tool or gadget?

• Internet &/or Books

Votes: 48 32.7%
  • Magnetic Scraper

Votes: 31 21.1%
  • Old Credit Card (as scraper not to buy more with..lol)

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Aquarium Tongs

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Automatic Top-Off

Votes: 21 14.3%
  • Big Equipment (i.e. Ca &/or Kalk reactor, skimmer)

Votes: 20 13.6%
  • Fish/Hand Towels

Votes: 15 10.2%
  • Net &/or Traps

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Wooden Skewers

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Can't Choose! - All of the above and then some

Votes: 22 15.0%
  • Other (please describe)

Votes: 22 15.0%
  • Turkey Baster

Votes: 30 20.4%

• Total voters

addict

My favorite gadget is my new Pinpoint wireless thermometer. I also bought an extra wireless probe and at the moment am monitoring both the canopy temperature and the tank water temperature. On the new tank one probe is going in the tank and another in the refugium.
Great little device... I keep the display on my desk and at a glance can tell what the tank temperature is. They're pretty inexpensive as well... like $34.95 + $18.95 for an extra wireless probe.

Brucey

I voted other
My tank changed beyond recongnition the day I invested loads of $$$$ ££££ in my PH computer. My Powder blue kicked his Ich, My coral polyps extended and growth rates increased, my Coraline took off and I never have to worry about dosing Kalk again. I wish I had it when I started and I wouldn't have lost so many fish to PH stress (7.7 to 8.5 during the day)
Brucey

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
clotheshanger best tool ever you can do it all with a good hanger feed remove it's just a good thing

SaltyTank

Internet, mag scraper and towels....lots and lots of towels. Towels are like cow bells...can never have enough (if you know what I mean ;) )

-dave

coraldynamics

RS Sponsor
Battery Operated Dawn Dish Scrubber! Best thing in the world for cleaning glass or acrylic! Bristles are stiff enough to get coraline yet won't scratch acrylic!

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
coraldynamics said:
Battery Operated Dawn Dish Scrubber! Best thing in the world for cleaning glass or acrylic! Bristles are stiff enough to get coraline yet won't scratch acrylic!

I'm very interested got to look into that contraption :)

Mad Mike

My new skimmer, I'm in love!!

Plain old hose for sucking out detrius and changing water. Clear so I can see the crud.

Witfull

coraldynamics said:
think i need a trip to Wallyworld and snag one~~

Witfull

Mad Mike said:
Oh my wife mmmmm I hadda trade her for the skimmer. Sure gunna miss her.
yeah,,,,when your out of clean clothes and you lost the dog somewhere in the pile of fast food and pizza boxes in what was once the living room...lol

hooterhead

Witfull said:
yeah,,,,when your out of clean clothes and you lost the dog somewhere in the pile of fast food and pizza boxes in what was once the living room...lol

that's how my appt is!

i put baster, internet, mag scraper, towels, and my other was the good ol refractometer! i was really surprised at how far my hydrometer was off! i think it was .003 high!

herb

I have many tools and most of them i could not live without, but the best most frequently used tool ( outside of the items that run 24/7) is the refractometer.I use it at least 2 times each day to verify where my salinity is! but then again my timers that turn lights on & off are pretty important also, in short it is hard to choose just one!

herb

My favorite tool is this grabby thing, holding the battery, that I buy by the dozen. It reaches in spots in the tank that I cannot reach. I rinse it off after each use and any sign of rust I chuck it in the garbage and break out a new one. I can't count how many times this thing has saved something that has fallen in my tank that I otherwise could not reach.

Attachments

• SO-12PK.jpg
    SO-12PK.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 22