Favorite Tool or Gadget?

What is your favorite tool or gadget?

• Internet &/or Books

Votes: 48 32.7%
  • Magnetic Scraper

Votes: 31 21.1%
  • Old Credit Card (as scraper not to buy more with..lol)

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Aquarium Tongs

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Automatic Top-Off

Votes: 21 14.3%
  • Big Equipment (i.e. Ca &/or Kalk reactor, skimmer)

Votes: 20 13.6%
  • Fish/Hand Towels

Votes: 15 10.2%
  • Net &/or Traps

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Wooden Skewers

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Can't Choose! - All of the above and then some

Votes: 22 15.0%
  • Other (please describe)

Votes: 22 15.0%
  • Turkey Baster

Votes: 30 20.4%

• Total voters

Witfull

where do you get them from....

PS.,,i still love my fish towels,,,,i even have a bucket to toss them in,,,i gotta learn to keep my hands out,,,and as much as craig yells at me,,no hand condoms for me~~

I get them from a New England (RI,Mass) store called Ocean State Job Lot for about 99c each but I think a lot of automotive stores sell them for when mechanics lose renches and bolts when they're working on cars.

The great thing about them is the fact that you can bend them and they hold shape to get around corners. I have saved many a frag with these things.

Gina

RS STAFF
ArcticReef said:
I get them from a New England (RI,Mass) store called Ocean State Job Lot for about 99c each but I think a lot of automotive stores sell them for when mechanics lose renches and bolts when they're working on cars.

The great thing about them is the fact that you can bend them and they hold shape to get around corners. I have saved many a frag with these things.

Those are pretty cool!
I have a regular one like you get at the LFS but you can't bend them like mentioned above for this.
I might have to look around and see if I can find some!

Teeka

I love my turkey baster. My hubby modified mine by taking a 1/2 " pvc pipe and exteending they baster to where I don't have to put my hands in the water. He just zip stripped the 3 pieces together. I can reach all over my tank with it,

Gibeon

All Hail the Mag Float! Got my first one tonight, and my tank glass hasn't been that clean since I first set it up.

ReefDave

I voted for other and my other items are:
36"kent pro scraper with metal blade and aqua-mop
20 gallon trash can on wheels with rio 1700 and 6 feet of 3/4 tubing
50' python with 20' extension (draining purposes only for salt!)
all these products and gadgets have made maintaining my own tanks easy as well as the maintenance i do on the side.

Cartman89

I voted for "Big Equipment" because I LOOVE my skimmer ( I can't believe I love a "Fish" toilet so much lol). But I have to say it was a tie with the internet and Skimmer. Love them both.

Icebox

I have to vote for the auto top off... No more hauling gallons of water to my tank every day. (Or should I say 5 gallons every 2-3 days) It is wonderfull. I can not believe that I lived without it so long.

I either drip my hands on the floor, or I use my shirt, so the towls are out for me... Magnetic scraper is a close second.