fake corals....

ZAPCOnj

I was wondering if anyone has or knows of any GOOD/GREAT/ CRAZY GOOD options for fake corals. Also are there any adverse effects on the fish when using these replicas in a FOWLR tank?

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
I saw some neat looking synthetic anemones at drs foster & smith. They were expensive though. I was thinking about putting a few in my clownfish growout tanks.
They are sold as safe for both fresh water and marine application.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I've had/used some nice ones back when I first got into SW but the ones I had lost their color fairly quickly. They were "made" locally or at least that's what I was told at time of purchase but later I looked closer and saw in the casting impression "Make in China". Maybe they were packagedm painted, cleaned locally but not made locally.

I have seen some VERY realistic ones in stores and online.

I use real coral skeletons. They are SUPER hard to find and a bit expensive. You cant go wrong withthe real thing though.

3-1.jpg

seafansar

Wouldn't fake stuff get covered in algae? If not, I've also seen some cool ones on Dr. F&S. I'm sure you could talk to Dr. F&S customer service and see if there are any negative affects from them, I doubt it though.