Faded coralline algae?

Tru2nr

ok this is weird i know coralline comes in many colors but anyone noticed fading in it..i have a cpl of peices of rocks that have some coralline algae that is faded and some rocks where its not at all is this normal?
DSCN0977.jpg

Scouter Steve

I have two display tanks, common sump so water is all the same. With my MH250watt I have little growth but the T-5 tank is nice deep purple. I test and maintain levels close to NSW and I do notice that growth still comes in waves. Grows like mad one week a bit of recession the next.

Tru2nr

ive never checked my mag before which i guess i need to start doing my alk is at 11dkh calc is at like 400 and my bulbs are only 110w of PC lightning so i don't think itsa the lightning guess ill have to check mag and start dosing it?

Tru2nr

I just wanted to thank everyone for their advice i got my self a mag test kit the mag was super low so i started dosing kent's Tech-M and the fade has gone away and the coralline is starting to grow slowly

Tru2nr

yeah tobad the fading is coming back now and my levels are almost spot on except i know mag is a bit low and i added 96w of lightning but also changed from having all 2x 9200k 55w pc lightning to having 2x 10k/blue-3 55wpc and a 10k/blue 96w pc lightning so im up to 206w of lightning which is startin to make me feel better on my 55g but anyways here are my test levels...
Temp: 78.4
Mag: 1320(roughly just found out my mag test kit doesn't go over 1280)
Calc: 500
Alk: 10Dkh
PH: 8.2
Ammo 0
nitrite 0
nitrate 0
Phos 0( i wonder how much is being leached by some algae in the tank tho)