Euro-reef replacement parts?

rhogeo

My Euro-reef skimmer isn't making bubbles like it used to. It's about 3 or 4 years old. I've taken it all apart and cleaned it. I had to put a bit of silicone around the edge where the pump sticks into the main chamber, too many bubbles were escaping. I think the impeller is worn down. Can I order a replacement impeller?

My other option is to buy a used Tunze 9002.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
If it's of any help... I saw this today...

Protein Skimmers, Calcium Reactors, Turnkey Aquarium Systems, Media Reactors, Sumps and Systems by Euro-Reef

Reef Dynamics, The Premier Manufacturer Of Protein Skimmers In The USA!

As of Dec 31st, 2009 Euro-Reef, Inc. has ceased doing buisness.

Former CEO and Vice President Jeff Macaré has started a new company called Reef Dynamics which offers top of the line protein skimmers. In addititon, Reef Dynamics will also provide product support to exisiting Euro-Reef customers as well as limited warranty support for Euro-Reef products currently under warranty.

rhogeo

Thanks Glenn. Wow, $25 for a replacement impeller wheel and $60 for a replacement pump. I can buy a brand new Tunze 9002 for $130. Go figure, eh?

Thanks Glenn. Wow, $25 for a replacement impeller wheel and $60 for a replacement pump. I can buy a brand new Tunze 9002 for $130. Go figure, eh?

Really can't compare the two. You have a great skimmer for that tank.

You can get the parts from RD or Nano Reef systems ( probably ship from the same place). If you need the pump they can be had without the volute. Most of the $60 is in the impeller and custom volute. Also your leaking uniseal was $5 last time I ordered one. The mesh impellers wear down and I had to replace after about a year and a half. The uniseals rubber gets hard and shrinks and I replaced mine at around two years.

Sounds like you are $30 or so plus shipping for much better skimming after 3 to 4 years.

Hope that helps and good luck! -JOHN