Eesa's RSM 650

Choff

When I was running stock I had a TLF reactor in the sump. Takes very little flow to make the gfo tumble. Go easy with it. Start with half or a quarter of the suggested and work your way up slowly. Taking too much out too fast can be just as bad or worse. You also need to stay on top of it and replace frequently. Once saturated it will begin to leach back in. I used to run half suggested and swapping out every 2 weeks.

For the record I currently use seachems seagel which is carbon and aluminum oxide in a Brs reactor. Hoping to not use anything soon as my fuge with macro takes off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nob35

I run the innovative marine mini max with brs GFO. I also have macro in the fuge. I have been using this since almost the beginning and have not had a algae bloom in the DT since I over fed the fish right after start up. My fuge does stay a mess with the macro and HA though. I probably could get rid of the HA if I did a good cleaning but it does not go into the DT so have not been worried about it.

Naj117

Evening all!

So I have shut down the 650 due to all sorts of problems.............but will be ordering my 3ft cube this weekend hopefully, looking forward to when it gets delivered