EEK!! I ordered Kalk(now what?)

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
ok then 130 gallons total volume 3 gal evap per 24 hr period, float style top off, 2 gal capacity. I can mix the kalk seperate but how much??Thanks Steve

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
My extraordinary powers of extrapolation are telling me that theres a saturation point?

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Congrats Sassy! :thumbup:
I would mix 1 teaspoon of kalk per gallon of fresh water. Try that for a week or so and test your calcium/PH daily.

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
Thanks Woody! seems youve received to much karma for "now" Ill start off with that and see where it goes, I got confused with the reactors and dumping in a 1/2 lb lol.

DaBird

I second Woody, I add about 1/2 gal of that mix at night before bed...I have an IV drip that I use at a med rate, kind of a slow trickle, if it gets too slow it clogs up the tube...you might need to add more as your system,s bigger than my 75...

vdituri

I'm gonna pray for your fish.
Sounds like my grandma's cooking... pinch of this handful of that. Whatever happened to microlitres and nano ounces?

vdituri

LOL. First dripping, then reefing. What other kinds of ing you gonna try and get me into. Oh no. I don't have time for a what is it? A 130 gallon drip monster? I just got my 55 up and running smoothly. I don't have enough time for 100+ tank. I haven't even refuged or sumped yet!
( as you can see I'm in the denial stage)

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
denile is a river in Africa, debait is what we use to catch defish, come on Vic lets fuge your tank

blue_eyes53813

Using kalk is a piece of cake... I had many panic attacks when I first started but it was easy... Start slow and do many many many test and change the dosage until the kalk does all the work for you... At first i tested daily , the last few months i havent tested at all.

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
Using kalk is a piece of cake... I had many panic attacks when I first started but it was easy... Start slow and do many many many test and change the dosage until the kalk does all the work for you... At first i tested daily , the last few months i havent tested at all.

DID you say MONTHS?????:bouncebox this has got to be too good to believe.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Kalk? What is this mysterious wonder drug? Is it something a Noob lime Me needs to be involved in?

A.

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
There is no telling where my reef would be without kalk.... not near as healthy as it is now for sure~

Warnberg

Actually, you if you let everything settle (kalk powder) you can mix as much as you want (kalk powder in RO/DI water). That is why you want to use the clear liquid on top, that is considered saturated kalk.

All of my topoff water is saturated kalk water, with no ill effects.