Easiest Things to Breed?

redneckgearhead

I'm not sure about any SW fish being easy to breed. You might try a nice dinner date with a nice merlot, no seafood though. Lol

Lol seriously clowns and cardinals seem to be the favorite among the breeders. But I'm mot sure if that is because ease of breeding or popularity of the fish. And usually the easier it is to breed them the less the profit margin.

whippetguy

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
I don't think there is "an easiest to breed" in saltwater. I think the most likely to spawn are your clowns and cardinals. Raising the livestock is a whole different issue. Do lots of research if this is your ultimate goal.

ddelozier

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
I don't think there is "an easiest to breed" in saltwater. I think the most likely to spawn are your clowns and cardinals. Raising the livestock is a whole different issue. Do lots of research if this is your ultimate goal.

+1. Pairing up clowns is easy, cardinals a bit tougher. But once you get a pair, they eventually if they are happy and well fed, start kickin out eggs. That doesnt mean that the eggs will hatch, but if they do, the fry require very intensive, very special care for sevearal weeks to survive.

ddelozier

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
the other thing to think about is the reason for breeding them. If its for fun, or trade with friends, its something to consider if you have time/equip readily available. If the purpose is for selling the offspring, save yourself the time. With common cardinals and regular clowns, the market is so flooded, there is little profit in it.