markwelland

Hi Guys,

New member here and possible Red Sea Max E-Series buyer. This will be my first marine aquarium after keeping tropical and koi for 15+ years. After months of research I believe that the E-Series will be an ideal introduction and should be future proof with the ability to add on the sump at a later date. Just having to be patient for the release now!! Will start a youtube channel to detail the build and progress if anyone is interested.

I have had a much appreciated message from Red Sea's Facebook page stating that there should be availability around the end of Feb. I would love to see the aquarium before handing over £1600 for the 260 White E-Series. Does anybody know any stores that have ordered one for display?

Thanks guys. Really impressed with the site and the friendly forum. Look forward to chatting to you soon.

Mark

dacianb

E-series is replacement of Max. Plug and play tanks... But you can see that lot of Max owners changed the skimmers and lights, added sumps, etc.
Why not already released Reefer series? Have already a sump and you can add what equipment you wish to it :)

I payed 1300 EU for tank (reefer 350) + 350 a super over-rated skimmer (can buy a good one for 200-250EU) + 200 on pumps. Diy lights and have a 350l tank fully equipped. I think is still less than 1600 Pounds, isn't it?

DaveR11

Hi Mark,

Welcome to RS. There are lots of Red Sea owners on here, everyone is really friendly and helpful. I've had my SMAX 8 months now and love the tank and really appreciate the help I've had from this forum and the lovely people on it.

The Red Sea UK website lists their dealers so check that out and see which shops near you has a tank and give them a call. Even if they don't have an E series yet you can take a look at a Reefer or an S and see the build quality for yourself.

Dave

NickF

Hi Mark,

You are off to a great start by joining RS, the amount of help & advice I've received on here has been invaluable.
I agree with dacianb, it might be worth your while looking into the Reefer 250 then you can choose all the equipment you need rather than going with the stock, and it might even end up cheaper. That said, I'm still running my C130 stock and am very happy with it and I'm sure whatever you go with you will be happy, the Red Sea tanks are extremely well made.

markwelland

Hi guys,

Thanks for your replies, great to know that the support network is here to help.

I do only have a 3' space to fit my tank into so the Reefer 250 or the Evolution Aqua Reef 900 were my two options... Then they released the E-Series and I love how neat it looks and it looks like an easier entry into the hobby. The ease of the maintenance sounds like it will allow me more time to enjoy and learn how to take care of livestock/coral. That's my thinking anyway but obviously happy to listen to advice of experienced reefers.

Thanks again,

Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members

When you get a tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along, we love pics

Love my RSM