Dying Bubble

Bree W

So I just joined because I have found a probblem. I recently got a medium sized maroon clown fish in my 16 gallon tank and he's doing amazing, except he's terrorizing my poor Bubble coral. He's rubbing on the coral to wear its not opening anymore and everytime the coral sticks out a tenticle he bites it. I have two other bigger better corals that are very heathy and i bet would love to be rubbed on but the fish wont understand that. Any ideas on what i should do? I may just have to bring him back, but he needs a chance..
So lets see how this first post goes?
He swims away for a few minutes then the coral opens when it does hes back and ready to hang on and nip at the coral again:(

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 12

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members

Start a tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along, we love pics

Good advise ^... pretty clown & coral, they are rather delicate though... maybe try adding another more hardy coral he might like...

index.php

DaveK

You can try all the things mentioned previously. One of them may work. However, be prepared to return one or the other if things don't work out. Clowns like something and it's difficult to get them interested in something else.

Oxylebius

This is pretty normal behavior for the clownfish, unfortunately for your coral. As others mentioned, clownfish like to have some kind of host to cling to and when there isn't an anemone around, they will find something else as a substitute. Corals that have large moving polyps tend to be attractive to clownfish. I would try what frisbee suggested before determining if one needs to be pulled from the tank.