Dwarf Sea Hare ????

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Thanks buddy. Yes it was Morgan and her shipping/packaging was VERY good. I think they may have lived 48 hours but 96 would REALLY be a stretch unless weather conditions were PERFECT. I have to say that this is NOT her fault in the least and she's working on taking care of it. I didn't ask for a refund because she's going to try and re-ship when she gets more in. It will all work out for the best and yes she's a pleasure to deal with. She took the time to personally call me Friday night to talk about it and assured me she would take care of it. This is a DHL issue not Reef Gardner or Reef Goddess.

:)

Jason25

Sorry to hear AL btw did I ever tell you how much I hate DHL? Everytme I get something shipped via them it turns into a disaster.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Was trying to find out about "Dwarf Sea Hares" and found this link started by BigAl
Wondering if you ever got to put any in your tank & how they did?
I looked up regular Sea Hares & they are rated as "expert only" and get a foot in length...can't do either.
Who has a dwarf & how long have you had it? Does it eat Bryopsis algae?

david42

I also saw Sea Hare was listed as Expert. I believe that is only because they can release toxin if attacked or threatened.
Main thing is to make sure they have algae to eat and there are no aggressive fish attacking them.
Mine was not a dwarf and got as big as 6 inches. Had him for over a year. He was already that size when I bought him. Sadly just died this week. He ate any and all types of algae I had in the tank. Was an algae eating machine.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
That's good to know David! I was going to consider getting one but after thinking over if any of my fish would be aggressive to one, I do think my clown pair would attack it aggressively.
I've witnessed & video them attacking one of my Mexican Turbo Snails. They flipped the snail over & continued to bite at him until I moved the snail away from their little clay pot.
I think they would try to kill a sea hare if it tried to clean their terra cotta pot:
96519e0c3f8e6bc1e272ed82df7e4144_zps4251a435.jpg

david42

That would be a possibility. There was a few times I saw my Sea Hare clean the pot I have in my tank. I moved it up in the rockwork, still managed to fall out occasionally.