Droopy Toadstool

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
does it need a splint? This coral has been a beauty since day1 but as it grows it seems to be leaning wayyy over, the attachment point is quite narrow, is it trying to move or just needs propping up?

caitrina

How long have you had it?

I had a nice big one and it began doing this and then started pouting, had the thing about a year. It would not get over the pout session so I moved it and it would look a little better and then begin pouting again. THis went on for awhile and the next thing I knew it was dead. I also have a little baby who is doing the same thing. Looked great for the longest time, then began pouting and melted right off the rock, stayed in substrate because it seemed happiest there, mounted it again and it is pouting again, and falling over.....

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
How long has it been 'leaning'? Usually, they can right themselves. Leathers like lots of random flow; but not linear - straight at them.

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
about 2 days now, its all open and nice, just looks like the trunk is folding or its top heavy, its in a pretty calm area could it be looking for flow? I cant say its ever pouted or closed or slimed. Thanks for the suggestions

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
If you wanted, you could use flow to right it. Keep an eye on the trunk. Remove it for a smell-test if you see any signs of degradation (soft/dark areas).

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
Flow hmm thats a thought, maybe a prop up and a whirlwind will do it, never even thought of the smell test, Woody? write a book ill buy one

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
OK, I repositioned it and its barely attached to the chunk of lr propped a bit of smooth rubble against it for now, so how do I get it to reattach, do they try to move?, could I put it in a pcv tube? crazy glue, frag it?

lcstorc

I don't think crazy glue will work. It's just to soft and likely to slime right off. I also have not had luck witht he pvc.
The best success I have had is to put the base kind of between 2 rocks and hopefully it attaches to one.
I wonder why it is suddenly unhappy though. Did anything change that you can think of?

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
Nothing has changed except its gotten bigger,the stalk is quite long and I wonder if the small attachment was making it "kneel" down for support

mps9506

If it is leaning over onto another rock it will just attach itself to the rock it is leaning on... I wouldn't use anything to prop it up with like a pvc tube because if it is alive and healthy it will just attach itself to that.
And fwiw leathers are notorious for getting pissed off for a day or week or two and just closing up, eventually releasing a nice coat of waxy looking stuff and returning to their previous glory like nothing happened.

bluespotjawfish

Did it use to be well attached to a rock and now it is barely attached? I would do an iodine dip if the base is degrading at all, then let it be after that.

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
Lorraine it was never well attached and no sign of trouble at that point so when in doubt , get the duct tape out( available in camo color now lol) Pouty spoiled brats are they?? discipline and no supper will sort that out, spare the rod, spoil the child