drip rate/bubble count for bigger tanks

mojoreef

Just a reefer
Hey Nick you dont have to adjust after adding a coral, it might show up a little down the road but should make a big difference.
On the kalk reactor I am not sure, I just make mine in a 55 gallon drum and stir for a day and then dose for about a week or so out of it, never stiring it again. The drum has been going for a while but I have never cleaned it.
I use both a reactor and kalk, I dont need to as the reactor will take care of the load, but I like to dose kalk at night and reactor during the lighted period It gives a more stable PH. Patricks idea seems good.

Mike

Maxx

Thats quite a reccomendation coming from you...
I appreciate it. I've seen pics of your set up on another board, (But not over here!!!! Hint Hint) and I know your well versed on your set-ups and what will and wont work.
Thanks,
Nick

Last edited:

mojoreef

Just a reefer
Thanks for the kind words Maxx, the pics will be coming real quick.

reactors are pretty simple peices of equipment really. and when choosing one alot of things must be taken into concideration, The main one for most folks is if it fits in the space the have (ie under the cabinat for most).
Heres a couple of conciderations. CO2 bleed back is always a concern and some folks have incorporated a CO2 recirc system (patric I dont know if you have so pipe in if you wish) I really like this feature and it can save a lot of problems. another goood feature is a ph probe mount in the unit. this makes life easy for monitoring and controling, and its cheap for a builder to install (patrick u listening, lol). Bigger is does not mean better. efficient is the best and always will be. An example was a pill I had to swallow. I had a dual chamber procal D unit (about 700 bucks) I was beta testing a Coralith medium sized unit and it blew my doors.
The unit I have now works by fluidizing the media and has the above options and is probibly the nicest unit I have seen, but as mentioned before is pricy and hard to get. But I think it has some features folks could easily incorporate into thier units ;)

hope it helps

Mike

Maxx

Mike,
Thanks for the explanation...makes more sense....I wish one of you Reef genius' would just go ahead and print up a friggin manual on how to this the first time, and in what order to do it in.
I consider myself fairly experianced in Marine Aquariums, yet don't feel I hold a candle to you guys!!!!
At any rate, thanks again for the clarification,
Nick