Drilling Glass Aquariums (the do's and don't's)

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
That is what I though, good to know for sure though. I was waiting for the glass to shatter as I drilled the 55 but all went well.

Thanks for that info, I have no means to watch you tube videos although next time I am near a Pc I will check it out.

Thanks
Eric

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Nope, you cannot drill a tempered tank and you would know it if you did. The glass would basically shatter. Do a youtube search for drilling tempered glass and check it out, its kinda cool to see....when its not your tank that is.

It's shocking how much stored energy is in tempered glass and just how quickly the poo hits the fan LOL!!

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
I may be getting a 125 vs the 150 just cause I hate the depth of the 150 does anyone know if either of these tanks are tempered? Brand will be AGA.

Thanks
Eric

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
Well I just got my second order from Glassholes.com this one was for 3x1.5" bulkheads and 1x2 3/8" hole saw, fast shipping to :) they even threw in a package of fun dip :) lol

Eric

phil47952

I may be getting a 125 vs the 150 just cause I hate the depth of the 150 does anyone know if either of these tanks are tempered? Brand will be AGA.

Thanks
Eric

Eric, I'd contact the tank maker about this but it's usually the bottom that's tempered..

Phil

DaveK

The last post is correct, although I have seen some 55s that had tempered sides.

However the issue comes down to us all wanting larger tanks for our reef, so Go with the 150. (grin)