Dragonet

michael_cb_125

Can Dragonet's get too fat.
My dragonet eats constantly, and apparently I have PLENTY of pods. Her little belly is not so little. She almost looks pregnant. I am glad I can keep her healthy!!
~Michael

Reefwerks

Can Dragonet's get too fat.
My dragonet eats constantly, and apparently I have PLENTY of pods. Her little belly is not so little. She almost looks pregnant. I am glad I can keep her healthy!!
~Michael

I wish I had that problem. I have to culture pods to have enough. I dont think they will over eat.

Don

BarbMazz

Has she asked you if her butt looks too big? :jumprope:

I think they HAVE to eat all the time. It's a good thing you have what she needs, and lots of it! Maybe you should post a picture of her so we can tell better! ;)

michael_cb_125

Well, I just took some pictures of her. I may even take some video. I will try to post as soon as I can, but my puter is at work:)

michael_cb_125

Here she is. I told her she should try to get a job for a "big and beautiful" modeling agency!!
SANY0168.jpg

SANY0150.jpg

SANY0158.jpg

SANY0164-1.jpg

SANY0163-1.jpg

I found where she sleeps, this is her in all her night time coloration!
SANY0176.jpg

jthomps123

Nice pics,
My green mandarin has also fattened up alot in the two months i've had him. Seems I have a good pod population. Whenever I trim my halimeda in the sump I shake it out up top before throwing it away and he feasts on large ones for a couple days.
I know im not in the clear, but I'll keep an eye on him for the next 6-12 months to make sure he getting enough to eat. Im also being careful to not add any fish that might compete with his food source.
Jason

JWarren

Is that the fish in your avitar? If it is, that's the one I am talking about.

The only fish photo I could find that looks like it was in one of my books of a sulpher goby, so I thought it was a goby. Dose he burrow?

michael_cb_125

That fish is Jose. He is a Blue Spot Jaw Fish. The mandarin is the only fish that Jose will let get anywhere near his burrow. These Jawfish build extensive burrows and guard them with their lives. The Mandarin can cruise right into Jose's burrow, and he does not even care. ~Michael