Down, but not out...yet!

charlesr1958

Even though its only been one week, it seems like such a long time and am extremely glad to be back amongst the living. On the morning of the 2nd, during my morning exercise routine, I went for an extra "burn" at the end of it and... gave myself a heart attack...lol Thankfully I heeded the signs, quickly downed a bunch of aspirins and got myself into an emergency room. Within the hour I was on the table having a single stint inserted into the one fully clogged artery and was told that I was "lucky" in that it all happened now since had it not, years from now, I would probably not have been able to pull through.
After a week of Philippine hospitals you can only imagine my joy at being home again with Linda fretting over my every move. I think she went through a lot more than I did. Anyways, it appears it may be quite some time before I can get back into the ocean (if at all) and do my best to share of that which I can observe/collect. This might be a good time to at least get some writing done though.
Thanks to all those who have been so very supportive with their well wishes and words of encouragement. It does a soul good to be thought of at times like this.

Charles & Linda

dfurbee

You are lucky you knew the signs and paid attention. A guy at the gym about 3 weeks ago fell over while on the treadmill, busted the side of his head, he had a massive heart attack. Just keep exercising, but not so intense. I work in the intensive coronary care unit, and see people coming in as a result of working out. You are very lucky.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Wow! Charles "Welcome Back". So glad you are hear to tell us about it.

Best wishes and warm prayers to you and Linda. :)

Cavinca

Wow... Thank goodness your ok.
Me and my wife got back from our honeymoon Tues and my dad went to the hospital weds for a heart cath thing. Hes been getting tired easily. He found out that he had 4 clogged arteries!!! His blood pressure and cholesterol were all great.. I have no idea why he didnt have a heartattack cause he exercises all the time. He had open heart surgery on thus. and hes back home now.

I hope you get better and feel like yourself soon.

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Chuck, here's to a speedy recovery. :clink: Given time, you'll be back to collecting and enjoying the oceans habitats again! There are undiscovered species waiting for you to discover them! :D All the best!