Doogle's 359g and counting- my tank diary

Doogle

I didn't do any post processing, so in real life my 2 blue,1 purple,1 actinic looks closer to the 2 blue & 2 purple combo.

I wouldn't rely on these pics for true colors but just to give an idea.

Doogle

Thanks, the more I look the less happy I am with them though. Too large a size & way too cropped & colors are hard to dial in.
Like my normal 4 bulb combo of 2 blue, 1 purple, 1 actinic looks off, the coralline alage is too blue & the purple montis are wy too blue & dull looking as well.

I redid a few pics on my Mac but now it looks more blue on my iPad. This was closer to what I see but it looked better on my Mac, the purple monti I can never get it to look like the true deep purple it really is, sad.
New pic of 2 blue+ 1 Fiji 1 actinic
img10582blue1purp1actco.jpg

just beware cameras & computer screens are deceiving.

Doogle

The combos that had alot of purple like the 2 blue/2 purple & 1 GE/2 purple/4 blue are pretty warm looking combos that aren't bad looking, I just think 1 purple bulb is enough & an extra blue really sharpens & cools the look compared to the pink warmth of the combos with 2 purple bulbs, I can see a 8 bulb combo with 2 purple bulbs being just right.

Its hard, on my iPad the pic above looks to blue, the mushroom is more purple the algae is more purple, the orange monti is more orange instead of purple, & the purple montis are a beautiful purple compared to the faded dull look they have,& the blue palys aren't over saturated like the pic, the mushroom doesn't have a big dark shadow going down the stalk either. Haha, pics are terrible! Haha

Doogle

All the tanks, stands, canister & hob filters, fish, coral, some rock, and some lights are for sale. Get it while it lasts...
RS was my first site & members in MI,IN,IL will get great deals.

Mayja

Social Media Moderator
RS STAFF
Oh fudge. I totally missed that post. Sorry! I must learn to read more slowly.