Don't buy from Aquacon.com

reeferman

i actually have ordered from them several years ago and as i remember,i received the acan and it was exactly as pictured and described.not discounting what others have said,just stating my experience.
i also agree that thats almost all online vendors policy and all this could have been avoided had the op read aquacons policies.

steved13

PREMIUM
I always thought the vendor feedback forum was for encouraging purchases from paying sponsors not for people who simply can't read a guarantee?

No, if you browse the feedback forum you'll see plenty of threads abour non sponsor vendors, some positve some negative.

Meanwhile back at the spam... a post that is negative and only shows the poster as less than diligent, a quick response from the besmirched vendor(psychic!) explaining not only how low his prices are but how reasonable their policies are? = spam.
I shall wander the webs now to see where else our mutt and jeff team has played lol.

Again, IMO it's not spam by definition. Since it is on topic and not unsolicited, I can't call it spam. .

Willie McDaries

Again, IMO it's not spam by definition. Since it is on topic and not unsolicited, I can't call it spam. .

it is not spam by definition but,to me,it looks a bit suspicious as to the purpose of the thread,although still within the legal limits of the rules,it could be seen as a clever ploy to get their name out there without paying sponsorship dues,I think that is what sas is seeing,as do I...not saying that it is that but I have seen this tactic used a few times on other forums

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
In all honesty? This thread needs to go byebye, 1 time posters with agenda's? as close to spam as you can get

The original poster has 1 thread 0 replys. He's either really pissed or as Steve mentions may have an agenda. +2^

........the mayor votes funlad for president!

aquasoofi

***DO NOT WORK AQUACON***** THEY WILL NOT WORK WITH YOU EVEN IF IT IS THEIR FAULT!!!!!
***DO NOT WORK AQUACON***** THEY WILL NOT WORK WITH YOU EVEN IF IT IS THEIR FAULT!!!!!
Working with Aquacon was the worst experience I ever had when ordering online. ($600 + purchase)
They have absolutely no regard to customer satisfaction but most of all do not take it seriously when it comes to delivering items as promised. I ordered 75lbs Premium Fiji rock x-large and large pieces. They sent me a bunch of flat pieces of rock. I told them about the issue and they said “we can fix this and we will send you a new box. I think your order was mixed up with someone else.” I was happy until two weeks later I come home to find they only sent 25lbs of medium size rocks that included one actual good rock and the rest small and flat pieces.
I tried my best working with them by reaching out but they delay their responses so that week’s go by. They never wanted to come to a resolution. I offered to exchange all the rocks and send the old ones back but they would not help. They would not give me a refund or give me an address to mail back the rocks.

Step by Step Story.
- I ordered and paid for 75 lbs of Premium Fiji Live Rock Large and X- Large
- I received an "incorrect batch probably", as stated by Aquacon over the phone during our last conversation. The batch I received was 75 lbs and looks like the assortment Flat pieces. Not even close to what I ordered or close to what is depicted on your site.
- Aquacon told me over the phone that I "probably received the wrong batch and you would send a new box to compensate for my order and to correct the error".
- Then I received 25 lbs of small and medium size pieces. Again, this order was still incorrect and included flat pieces. I am okay with the medium pieces because I asked for this size. There is a price difference in x-large and large pieces from medium and small pieces, correct? I was never given the difference for this.
- I've emailed Aquacon countless times and they had taken weeks to reply to any of my emails and the final email is basically saying, “Why should we refund your money, there is nothing wrong”

tomr33

Wow good thing I read this I had some fish and rock in my cart to buy withing the next couple days...needless to say after reading some of these posts of others experiences I will not be dealing with a company that says they will do 1 thing and then turn around when someone has a problem and not do what they said they would. Or deal with a company that has to bury there return policies or DOA policies in fine print. Thanks for the heads up.

anthony27

They suck,

he walks around looking for coral to buy off vendors encrusted pices and then drops them on his site. WOW

aquasoofi

***DO NOT WORK WITH AQUACON***** THEY WILL NOT WORK WITH YOU EVEN IF IT IS THEIR FAULT!!!!!

Working with Aquacon was the worst experience I ever had when ordering online. ($600 + purchase)
They have absolutely no regard to customer satisfaction but most of all do not take it seriously when it comes to delivering items as promised. I ordered 75lbs Premium Fiji rock x-large and large pieces. They sent me a bunch of flat pieces of rock. I told them about the issue and they said “we can fix this and we will send you a new box. I think your order was mixed up with someone else.” I was happy until two weeks later I come home to find they only sent 25lbs of medium size rocks that included one actual good rock and the rest small and flat pieces.
I tried my best working with them by reaching out but they delay their responses so that week’s go by. They never wanted to come to a resolution. I offered to exchange all the rocks and send the old ones back but they would not help. They would not give me a refund or give me an address to mail back the rocks.

Step by Step Story.
- I ordered and paid for 75 lbs of Premium Fiji Live Rock Large and X- Large
- I received an "incorrect batch probably", as stated by Aquacon over the phone during our last conversation. The batch I received was 75 lbs and looks like the assortment Flat pieces. Not even close to what I ordered or close to what is depicted on your site.
- Aquacon told me over the phone that I "probably received the wrong batch and you would send a new box to compensate for my order and to correct the error".
- Then I received 25 lbs of small and medium size pieces. Again, this order was still incorrect and included flat pieces. I am okay with the medium pieces because I asked for this size. There is a price difference in x-large and large pieces from medium and small pieces, correct? I was never given the difference for this.
- I've emailed Aquacon countless times and they had taken weeks to reply to any of my emails and the final email is basically saying, “Why should we refund your money, there is nothing wrong”

***DO NOT WORK WITH AQUACON***** THEY WILL NOT WORK WITH YOU EVEN IF IT IS THEIR FAULT!!!!!

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Lesson learned I am afraid...

if you click on the BBB link above posted here on 04/2012, you will see you are one of 45 complaints & they have an F rating at BBB

Joining a reefing forum & asking 1st, is your best bet - sorry if you got taken, your best bet is to always pay with a credit card with any vendor & then dispute problems with your credit card company, if the vendor refuses to help & you feel you have been taken.

Start a tank thread & share your tank with us - being active on a forum, will allow you to get help & recommendations for the great friendly members.

One of our Sticky, I frequently Bump

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums...at-emptor-let-buyer-beware-just-reminder.html

Phixer

Thanks for the information. Sharing information and buying experiences such as this helps everyone. Much appreciated.